Lake Elsinore city officials and chamber members unveil final mural

The Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber of Commerce (LEVCC) Board of Directors was pleased to unveil on Thursday, April 17 the third and final historic mural installed on one of the oldest buildings in Lake Elsinore.

The mural was placed on the east-facing wall of the historic Downtown Santa Fe Train Station that was built in 1896.

The mural was painted by Robin Golden of Golden Murals and depicts four of the town’s pioneers in front of a gazebo on the east side of the train station. The pioneers depicted in the mural are Donald Graham, William Collier, Margaret Collier Graham and Captain Leonard Buckingham Peck.

The City of Wildomar name derives from William, Donald and Margaret. The gazebo has long since been removed but the building sits in outstanding condition with very few modifications made over the past 118 years. The original scale is now in what the LEVCC uses as its business lobby for the chamber and the City of Lake Elsinore Visitors’ Bureau.

The unveiling and ribbon cutting was attended by Mayor Natasha Johnson, Mayor Pro-Tem Steve Manos, City Manager Grant Yates, Police Chief Leonard Hollingsworth, Planning Commissioner Rick Morsch, LEVCC Chairwoman of the Board Donna Niehouse and her 2014 Board of Directors.

The LEVCC conducts its business with the community in the Santa Fe Train Station, a place of business that has served commerce in the Lake Elsinore Valley over the past 188 years.

For more information, contact the chamber at (951) 245-8848 or

Leave a Reply