TEMECULA – The TVUSD Governing Board is considering adjusting school attendance boundaries for the upcoming 2014-15 school year.
Next month, Temecula parents and residents will have the opportunity to weigh in on the proposed adjustments at four upcoming community meetings.
Community meetings are as scheduled:
• February 5 – Temecula Middle School at 6 p.m.
• February 6 – Gardner Middle School at 6 p.m.
• February 12 – Day Middle School at 6 p.m.
• February 20 – Margarita Middle School at 6 p.m.
After receiving community input, the governing board will vote on the proposed changes in March. If approved, changes would go into effect in July.
In October 2013 the board established their top priorities for boundary realignment which district staff used in formulating the boundary proposals.
The board’s top priorities were:
1) Aligning elementary, middle and high school attendance areas
2) Planning ahead for new populations
3) Equalizing use of space among schools
4) Minimizing distance to schools
5) Spreading density of lower socio-economic status populations
The board met in January to review the district’s proposed boundary adjustments.
The boundary proposals can be viewed on the TVUSD website at www.tvusd.k12.ca.us/boundarymaps.