Good morning, Southwest Riverside County. Your Labor Day Weekend weather will be balmy and warm, perfect for barbecues, outdoor wine tasting, concerts and Fantasy Football Draft parties heading into the holiday. Find your copy of the Valley News at area retailers, offices, and restaurants all weekend.
It’s California Wine Month, and Southern California’s premier wine country, Temecula Valley Wine Country is celebrating all month long. Read more about the SIP Temecula Midweek or Weekend passport, and stay tuned for more wine country crush events.
It will be sunny today, warm and windy. The national Weather Service is forecasting highs of 101 in Blythe, 98 in Indio, 97 in Thermal, 96 in Palm Springs, 92 in Desert Hot Springs, 83 in Riverside, 82 in Moreno Valley, 80 in Corona, Hemet, and Lake Elsinore, 78 in Banning, 77 in Temecula, 71 in Idyllwild, and 66 on Mount San Jacinto. Once again, air quality today will be in the moderate range throughout Riverside County.
What’s going on in your world?
- READ: Three separate rabid bat cases reported in August, officials issue reminders
- READ: Operation Silver Star presenting a symposium to help wounded and returning combat veterans
As always, there is no shortage of activities for area residents with festivals coming to our respective valleys of Murrieta, Temecula, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, and Wildomar. Here are just a few of the must attend events in September:
Where to watch football this weekend? Murrieta’s Bulldog Brewery offers excellent atmosphere, large-scale televisions, and takes bar food to the next level. Look for this, and other great places to eat out in Southwest Riverside County in the Valley News Dining Guide.
- Get Shamrocked once again will fill Murrieta Town Square Park with Celtic music and Irish revelers. Three day passes to the event for the bargain savvy are now available, and cost less than one night at the festival. Some of the biggest names in Irish music are playing at this 6 months to St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Find out below.
California Chamber Orchestra will once again astound with this amazing quartet in Temecula.
Pitch Perfect fan? You’ll want to come hear Filharmonic perform a cappella hip hop at TVHS.
Area residents consider the real estate market booming? or is it busted? Valley News’s Real Estate and Home Guide may have some of the answers you are looking for:
Upside down? Bankruptcy may or may not be the answer. Find out more, here.
Selling? read more about your appraiser in the article below.
Staying? much has changed in the way local residents are upgrading their personal landscape design. Drought tolerant is the word of the day. For more information, dig in to these stories on how your neighbors are designing their yards.
Looking for a real estate agent? Read how these real estate sisters teamed up to work together in French Valley.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Staying healthy and fit is part of the Southern California lifestyle. Follow Valley News Health & Wellness stories for the latest tips and information about the health care industry in Southwest Riverside County.
- READ: Murrieta’s high school leaders present joint ALS fundraiser plan to school board
- READ: Doctor Hizon to be honored as Distinguished Citizen of the Year
- READ: Fifth annual Temecula Health & Community Resource Fair to be held
Remember to follow Valley News on Facebook for up to the minute news, information, and events in your area.