Special to Valley News
Need a fast, healthy breakfast for yourself or the little ones? Tired of smoothies? Then give this recipe a try; it can be eaten either hot or cold.
It works great as breakfast or dessert, and best of all, it’s healthy and delicious.
Makes about 2 servings
- 1/3 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic tri-colored quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon flaxseed ground
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Milk of choice: cow’s milk, almond milk or coconut milk
Measure out all dry ingredients in a 1 cup glass measuring cup and mix the dry ingredients well.
Add milk until it’s a little past the 1 cup mark. Stir well, cover with plastic and place in refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, stir and enjoy or heat in the microwave for 30 seconds for a hot breakfast.
Options: Add fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, walnuts, pecans or cocoa to change the flavor, fruity, nutty or chocolate.