MORENO VALLEY – A 17-year-old Moreno Valley girl went missing today after leaving school, with witnesses reporting that she may have gotten into a pickup truck.

The teenager was reported missing around 12:25 p.m. from her residence in the 27300 block of Cottonwood Avenue, near Moreno Beach Drive, according to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

There were initial reports the girl was walking near the house when she was picked up by someone driving a green, newer model Ford pickup truck, but authorities could not confirm that.

The 17-year-old attended a summer class between 8 and 10 a.m. at Valley View High School, a little over a mile away, according to sheriff’s officials.

Deputies were checking local retail outlets and hillsides around the Cottonwood Avenue address to try to locate the girl. An air search turned up no clues.

The teen was described as 5-foot-7 and 113 pounds. She was last seen wearing a green sweatshirt, gray jeans and black shoes, according to the sheriff’s department.

22 Responses to "17-year-old Moreno Valley girl missing, authorities looking for green pick-up truck"

1. Angelica Mendoza   July 18, 2010 at 6:55 am

I hope she comes back home safe.

2. Alexa   July 18, 2010 at 6:57 am

This is Really Heart Breaking! i am Very Sad For the parents and Hope Everything Turns Out Okay

3. Steve   July 18, 2010 at 11:42 am

I am a dad to Cindy who is also 17, Cindy carries peper spray she bought at Big 5 for 5 bucks. All teen girls need some protection from these devils. God please, please, please bring her home to her family.

4. concerned   July 18, 2010 at 11:42 am

Where is the photo of the girl? How can the public help save a girl without a photo?
    Follow the link at the bottom of this story. Our system is broken so that we can’t upload photos for a few days.

5. DAYCY DIAZ   July 20, 2010 at 6:32 am

THAT IS DEVASTATING I USE TO HANG OUT IN THAT AREA AND WENT TO VALLEY VIEW SCHOOL I NEVER THOUGHT SOMETHING LIKE THAT COULD HAPPEN IN MY AREA ALL MY PRAYERS GO TO HER AND HER FAMILY

6. Melissa   July 20, 2010 at 6:32 am

Well I Dont Really Get This BUt In Another Page It Says She was Wearing A Striped Shirt With Blue Jeans And Flats. So I Dont Get WH yIn Thsi One It Says SOmethin Completely Different.

7. sad   July 20, 2010 at 6:32 am

this is very very sad

8. ??????   July 20, 2010 at 9:33 pm

i miss her… :( shes my best friend
    come back home ur parents are not mad at u

9. Saddened   July 20, 2010 at 9:42 pm

A body has been found …

There are quite a few Child Predators living in the area. It is important to be able to recognize their faces and places of residence.

10. Esperanza Ramirez   July 20, 2010 at 9:43 pm

THIS IS A VERY SAD AN HEART BREAKING FOR THE PARENT I WISH AND HOPE SHE COMES HOME SAFE.AN I SEND ALL MY PRAYERS TO HER AN HER FAMILY..

11. jeff from Homeland.   July 20, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Hope she is found But if not…..If They find the guy they need to punnish him an Eye for and eye..and not wast the tax payers money doing it. git rid of him as fast as he / she got rid of her. and we will see crimes like this stop.!!!

12. TERRI   July 20, 2010 at 9:43 pm

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE PARENTS, I HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS OF MY OWN, MY HEART WOULD BREAK IF ANYTHING EVER HAPPENED TO THEM.

13. Maria   July 21, 2010 at 6:26 pm

This is very sad …. my prayers are with her family. They need to catch him. All perdators should be on lock down there evil people. They should know were all perdators are with ankles things on them. to know very move they make, they are evil evil. Very sick people… never let your kids walk to school and from school you just never know.

14. moreno valley   July 21, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Like a mother I know what her parents are going through. The worst nightmare for any parent is not knowing if there child is fine… Hope you guys fine her soon. & if the dogs that took her are reading this REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE SISTERS, AUNTS, and a MOM. Put yourself in her parents position. What I don’t understand is how is it that nobody saw nothing. If any body saw something please help this family. & all my prayers are for family LOPEZ

15. swift justice   July 22, 2010 at 6:20 am

I hope the police get that sicko real soon. Once he’s in jail "la M" will take care of that sicko for sure. He won’t have one peaceful nights sleep in prison.

16. shocked   July 22, 2010 at 6:20 am

I hope the police get that SOB real soon. Once he’s in jail "la M" will take care of that sorry SOB for sure.

17. diaMoNdz   July 22, 2010 at 2:12 pm

R.i.P Norma Lopez.. My prayers go to her Family & friends.. and even thouqh i dont know you, you have touch my heart and just keep in mind that Justice is qoinq to be done for you.

18. gabriel benavides   July 22, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I pray for peace, comfort and closure for the family. My and my families prayers are with you. May the Lord strengthen you, keep you and in time give you peace. King David said in 2Samuel when his baby son passed away,"He can no longer come to me, but I can go to him"; in
    God’s timing.
    May the Lord Keep you.

19. gabe   July 22, 2010 at 2:13 pm

are justice system sucks they need to kill all perverts and rapers no jail time kill them all or let the citizens do it and if they would of done a better job in looking for her they would of found her sooner god blees the fam

20. Mike   July 24, 2010 at 7:41 pm

My preyers go out to the family rip norma i hope they catch the person wipe him of the face of the earth strait to hell were he should be and burn

21. Perla Martinez   July 30, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I come from a Latino family too. I think and know that a girl should always have something with her or even if necessary kick him in the balls. The thing know matter if it is someone you know really well you should always be per-cautious and don’t get near any strangers they could be very nice,but just walk away. Oh and I also go to school and yes I have walked up about five blocks and you should always be alert and look at your surroundings always yell if necessary take action. All I have to say girls be extra careful please.

22. Sinsattense   August 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm