28-year-old man killed in Glen Avon crash identified

GLEN AVON – A 28-year-old man killed when his car crashed into a tree in Glen Avon west of Riverside was identified today by the coroner’s office.

Chris Smith, of Banning, was driving on Glen Street just west of Pedley Road around 2:19 a.m. when his car smashed into another vehicle and then careened into a tree, the Riverside County Coroner’s Office reported.

The fatal crash occurred about a half-mile south of state Route 60, which parallels Mission Boulevard.

The cause of the crash was under investigation, according to the California Highway Patrol.

GLEN AVON – A man died today in a crash in Glen Avon west of Riverside.

The crash on Glen Street at Mission Boulevard was reported at 2:19 a.m. just west of Pedley Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.

A coroner’s investigator was sent to pick up the body, the deputy coroner said.

A motorist at the scene reported another vehicle crashed into her vehicle, then crashed into a tree, according to the CHP.

13 Responses to "28-year-old man killed in Glen Avon crash identified"

1. Sherry   April 3, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Smokey was a good man and will be missed geatly. I do not know the details of his passing but the phone call i recieved early in the morning was a very sad one. Rest in Peace Smokey!!!!

2. lorraine   April 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm

He will be greatly missed by me and my family as he was like a son. He was sweet and kind.

3. Nikkie   April 6, 2010 at 9:31 pm

smokey was a awesome person, he always helped others in need when he could, and i could always count on him to keep a close eye on my dad and bring him home safely.. smokey was not only my ex but a close friend and i will miss him more then he will ever know. I cherish the time we spent the weekend before hand because we were able to talk about alot and i got alot of good advise from him.. i love you very much smokey and i cant believe your gone..

4. Stacy   April 8, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Smokey was loved by many. Made lots of friends everywhere including the Brandin Iron. Is their any details on the funeral service? I’d like to attend. Please email me. Clsic65stangchik@hotmail.com

5. spoiledone   April 10, 2010 at 11:35 am

thats crazy! i knew him alittle bit! what i did know of him he was pretty funny and cool! may u rest in peace and be with the angels! ~GOD BLESS~

6. Kirk Wafa   April 11, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Its been a long time since I last saw you but I’ll never forget the club metro days where I’d always find you carrying 2 beers. I can’t think of a single bad thing to say about you. The world lost a good dude. Rest in peace man, see you on the other side.

7. Tina   April 12, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Smokey was a good man. He will be missed by everyone. Rip honey

8. Billy & Alicia Gladden   May 2, 2010 at 8:55 am

Smokey ur a cool cat, rest in peace we’ll miss you.

9. Billy & Alicia Gladden   May 2, 2010 at 8:55 am

Smokey ur a cool cat, rest in peace we’ll miss you.

10. jim   May 20, 2010 at 12:53 am

I think maybe I knew this guy… did he have a young son, maybe 6 months old ? hemidodge68@aol.com

11. briana andrade   June 13, 2010 at 4:50 pm

im so sorry :/ that was horrible, i remember that night..

12. Saycia   March 9, 2013 at 12:49 pm

CHRISTOPHER…What can I say it’s been almost 3 years and I still can’t get over the fact ur gone! U were not only my first real love but u we’re my….are my best friend! I could always count on U to lend an ear and tell me the truth even when I didn’t want to hear it! I love U cacaface and will always & forever be ur sh*thead! Miss You schmuck! XoXo

13. Stevi Green   October 5, 2014 at 11:37 am

He passed right after i seen him last. No one even told me. He will always be missed tho. 😤