It’s the last day of August, 2015 and the weather is finally moving toward a cooling trend. The Southwest Riverside cities from Lake Elsinore, Idyllwild, Temecula, and more will hover in high to mid 80s across the region after a sweltering weekend.
What’s going on in your city? Read more about your city, and what’s happening out and around town.
- Temecula Valley Unified School District harness power from the sun at local schools
- Murrieta Family YMCA’s grand opening hailed as a huge success
- Temecula Dance Company active off stage helping people locally and abroad
- Murrieta eyes first roundabout intersection
FOOTBALL: Fans filled area football stadiums at high schools across the county, as teams began their fall season. Read more to find out scores, and follow your alma mater through Valley News’s premier sports photographers.READ: HS Football: Zero Week scores from across Riverside County
SOCCER: It was all fun and games on the soccer fields across Murrieta and Temecula this weekend, as recreational soccer leagues began their fall season.
- Man arrested for suspected child molestations in Perris
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Lakeland Village crash
- RIVERSIDE: Officials caution residents to beware of bats
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in Riverside and San Bernardino counties fell today for 17 straight days, shedding a penny-and-a-half to land at a fraction over$3.47.
The average price has dropped nearly 73 cents over the past 45 days.
It will be sunny today … warm and breezy. The National Weather Service is forecasting highs of 107 in Blythe, 106 in Palm Springs and Thermal, 105 in Indio, 103 in Desert Hot Springs, 93 in Riverside, 92 in Moreno Valley, 90 in Corona, 89 in Lake Elsinore, 88 in Banning and Hemet,
87 in Temecula, 82 in Idyllwild, and 75 on Mount San Jacinto.
Air quality will be unhealthful for sensitive groups today in the valleys around Riverside but moderate everywhere else in the county.