A 63-year-old Menifee man suspected of riding his motorcycle drunk on northbound Interstate 15 crashed Saturday, Feb. 8 causing his passenger to slide across a lane where a sedan ran over her, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The motorcyclist, whose name was not released, was nearing Winchester Road Saturday when traffic was congested and began riding between lanes. The motion apparently caused the rider to lose control as his motorcycle fell and his passenger was ejected, the CHP reported.

The passenger, 43, also of Menifee, slid across the slow lane where a Honda Accord ran over her. The motorcyclist crashed his bike into a Kenworth dump truck and suffered major injuries to one of his arms, according to the CHP.

The crashed was reported at 3:03 p.m.

The passenger was taken to Inland Valley Medical Center where she was listed in critical condition. The motorcyclist was treated for his injuries and was arrested on suspicion of felonious drunken driving, CHP officials said.

11 Responses to "Temecula: 63-year-old motorcyclist arrested for drunken driving after crashing bike, critically injuring passenger"

1. Donna   February 9, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I15 runs north and south, there is no westbound I15!

2. mom   February 9, 2014 at 9:49 pm

He is enjoying his freedom in a hospital bed. Alive and well.

3. onthehill   February 10, 2014 at 6:45 am

Real nice. i dont’t mean that in a good way.

4. Reality Checker   February 10, 2014 at 11:11 am

I kinda feel bad for the passenger…hold on…nope. I don’t. I feel worse for the poor soul who ran over her. If the passenger hadnt decided to ride on the back of a motorcycle driven by a drunk, she woulda been ok. Bad choices, bad consequences. Just a fact of life. I dont feel bad for the motorcycle driver either. If anything, I feel he should have been the one to get his head squished like a melon under the wheels of that semi. Woulda served him right. But, he didnt so we suffer his still being on this planet.

5. My Two Cents   February 10, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Agreed.Feel sorry for the passengers kids and parents.They didnt make selfish choices or ask for this drama.

6. The daughter   February 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I just wanted to say that was my mom as the passenger. She has brain damage from a previous accident. She probably didnt even know he was drunk. She trusted him. So please don’t say things when you don’t know the whole situation.

7. i loathe you   February 10, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Hey reality checker…Post your negative distasteful garbage someplace where their families won’t read it you’re distasteful.

8. I was there   February 10, 2014 at 11:14 pm

That was a terrible accident to witness Hard to forget the images of him not slowing down when traffic did. Choosing to split lanes too fast. Smoke from locked rear tire, debris and two people down. Sad. I hope she is ok.

9. Reality Checker   February 11, 2014 at 4:52 am

That’s why I’m called REALITY CHECKER. The truth hurts sometimes, that’s a fact of life. But it’s no excuse for not facing it. People need to learn to take their emotions out of decision making and make the hard, but right decision. Especially the liberal voter! Some politicians could use a dose of REALITY as well.
    I know what I said sounds harsh, but it’s the truth. The truth needs to be heard, and it needs to sink in that last quarter inch called the skull.

10. Reality Checker   February 12, 2014 at 9:08 am

This morning was another case of the stupids. Seems every day of the week I am getting lane split by jerks on crotch rockets. This morning was no different, except I dont know how this one made it, he split between me and a semi truck, and was speeding, running probably 120-130 mph. One day their luck will run out, and you just cant fix stupid people.

11. on the scene   April 12, 2014 at 7:56 pm

To the daughter of the women in the accident. I was with your mother on the scene praying over her until the paramedics arrived and took over. I think about her all the time and often wonder how she is doing. I have something amazing to tell her about that day. My name is Lori