Two stabbed in roadside confrontation near Temecula

TEMECULA – Witnesses were being sought today into an apparent road rage confrontation near Temecula involving a group of motorcyclists, two of whom were stabbed.

One of the injured men remains hospitalized, while the other received treatment for minor wounds and was released, according to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

The assaults happened shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday on Interstate 15, at the off-ramp to Temecula Parkway, sheriff’s Sgt. Kevin McDonald said.

He said a ”number” of motorcyclists were headed northbound on the freeway, approaching the U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint just inside the county line, when they ”engaged in a road rage incident,” culminating in the parties pulling off the freeway and fighting.

Several men pulled weapons, resulting in one rider being stabbed multiple times, according to McDonald.

He said deputies were called to the location and found the victim on the side of the road. The man was transported to a medical center, where he’s now listed in stable condition, the sergeant said.

”A second stabbing victim drove himself to a local hospital, where he was treated for superficial stab wounds and released,” McDonald said.

No arrests have been made.

Witnesses to the melee, or anyone else with information, were asked to contact the Temecula sheriff’s station at (951) 696-3000.

41 Responses to "Two stabbed in roadside confrontation near Temecula"

1. Lee   March 24, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Well, well, well, what do you know?

Again, and now play out the scenario if these, shall we say, Einsteins had used guns? Guns along the freeway . . . in the open . . . in public. Yippie!

Oh, one more thing, you know that, shall we say, smashing argument of gun owners that MORE guns create FEWER gun deaths and a safer society?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

2. Reality Checker   March 24, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Lee, you just make stupid sense. I want to see you facing brawl with a bunch of bikers somewhere and watch you “have an accident” in your pants.

3. Really?   March 24, 2014 at 2:15 pm

It must be difficult for liberals to tell the difference between "Stabbed" and "Shot" because after all these two words begin with the same letter….

Just another shallow, regurgitating liberal sounding like a sophomoric teenager.

4. Pink   March 24, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Leave it to Lee to bring a knife to a gun fight…..

5. Pde   March 24, 2014 at 6:05 pm

These biking crews are more dangerous than the nfls or the Vfls

6. Joemamma   March 24, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Lee, understanding your logic on the subject of guns I’m really surprised you aren’t talking about doing away with knifes. The same argument applies, should we be banning knifes?

7. Me not you.   March 25, 2014 at 12:15 am

Lee……Whos to say they didnt have guns? Maybe they did and didnt use them.

8. Art   March 25, 2014 at 3:58 am

When I was a kid in the 1940s I would walk to the local police station with my 22 rifle to use their shooting range. I lived just south of Boston and carried my rifle everywhere. Then I was working at Harvard on the submarine program and had to travel the world much of it dangerous areas so I carried a 25 automatic. The only country that even asked id I had a gun was Singapore who took my gun and gave it back when I left. My point is that 60 years ago many people carried guns without incident but at that time we locked up the people suffering mental disorders today we do not.

9. Re.... Art   March 25, 2014 at 9:12 am

I so much agree with your statement. We use to lock up people who suffered from mental illness, however we did not treat them well when they were in those institutions. When institutionalization came along, we released these individuals without a plan, just release and there you go…. People who use objects in any fight (not that fights are correct in any sense) are people who do not believe in themselves unless they have a bigger toy. These individuals have anger issues, and need to learn how to deal with these issues in another way. Exercise would be a great steam re-leaser, but as a society we would rather try to prove how tough we are, instead of how level headed we are.

10. Brt   March 25, 2014 at 9:39 am

I think it’s called road rage because people’s usual (hopefully) restraint and tolerance disintegrate under circumstances of high speed high density road conditions. Not everyone’s, but many one’s. Hope all are well and hope all are wiser.

11. Just sayin'   March 25, 2014 at 10:12 am

If they had guns like they wouldn’t have used them or something? If they were packing they would have for sure shot somebody and possibly killed or wounded people other than just themselves.

12. Lee   March 25, 2014 at 10:45 am

@ #7 Me not you

You mean . . . like when we buy a car to NOT use it? We buy food to NOT eat it? We buy clothes to NOT wear them?

You truly believe if these "lovely" individuals had had guns on them, they would not have used them? You truly believe that?

Suddenly NOW, gun owners who do nothing but boast about guns and how guns make them/us feel safe, and all that crud, would NOT pull out a gun in an instant like this?

You truly believe that?

13. Lee   March 25, 2014 at 2:00 pm

@ #7 Me not you

If these "lovely" individuals had only used their fists, would you have asked if we knew they had knives on them?

@ #11 Just sayin’

Thank you. Agreed!

14. Terry Leather   March 25, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Comrade Lee, you have outdone yourself again!

That is a very astute analysis of these Marauding Bourgeoisie Bikers. What could be more equal than to be an alarmist hypothetical clairvoyant?? Even though you lack the ability to discern and apply logic, your passion for the Cause, World Peace, Sustainability, and General Goodness to All Personkind is indeed worthy of categorization as "the Current Truth.

15. Lee   March 25, 2014 at 2:50 pm

@ #14 Terry Leather

[Yawn.]

The only person who lacks a sense of logic is you.

16. The Dude   March 25, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Just wait….Lee, you will have the last laugh on this one.

17. Lee   March 25, 2014 at 3:27 pm

@ #16 The Dude

Thank you.

18. Fallbrook Patriot   March 25, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I agree with my fellow American Terry Leather. We the people must be armed to the teeth to fight the evil menace now ensconced in the formerly White House. Only a thoroughly armed citizenry with unfettered access to massive firepower will be able to successfully resist these left wing Demorats as they try to force affordable and accessible health care on us. As we all know this is nothing more than a Commie plot as was brilliantly explained by Phyllis Schafly at the last Tea Party meeting. The only way the libtards will ever succeed in taking my bazooka will be to pry it out of my cold dead hands!!!

19. Ryan   March 25, 2014 at 7:17 pm

HaHaHaHaHa….yeah Lee, you are WRONG..as usual. I’m laughing at the thought of you googling "Bourgeoisie" You should probably crack open a history book sometime instead of living in Mystery Science Theater 3000 land.

20. Seriously??   March 25, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Lee always gets the last laugh Dude…. people laugh at him all the time!!

21. Lee   March 25, 2014 at 8:06 pm

@ #18 Fallbrook Patriot

How lovely! I just want to point out a few of your, shall we say, points.

One, you beautifully demonstrate the delusional mindset of gun owners. Thank you, indeed. Two, are you saying that you would prefer INaffordable and INaccessible health care instead? How revealing. Psst, actually I believe that Obamacare is NOT affordable enough and, instead, would prefer universal health care. You know, we all put a little bit in the kitty and we all have health care at our fingertips when we need it. Crazy notion, ain’t it? You know, crazy . . . as in the rest of the world has health care like that except us and, I believe, one other country. Yeap, crazy. Communism? Well, if you’ve read any of my comments, you would realize that I am STAUNCHLY anti-communism (ask Carla), but instead — hold on to your garter belt — favor that things are . . . free. An incomprehensible notion for you, I’m sure. Finally, considering that I am, again, STAUNCHLY anti-abortion, anti-gay "marriage" and anti-legalization of pot, positions that I have expressed on several occasions, are you sure that I am, as you so eloquently put it, a libtard? I know that when confronted by ideas and thoughts that are incomprehensible to you, you and folks like you love to pigeonhole people into neat holes so that your limited acumen can make sense of things.

I’m truly sorry.

22. grunt   March 26, 2014 at 7:32 am

Lee- #12, do you have fire extinguishers in your house? Car? do you have smoke alarms? Do you have a first aid kit in your car? Do you HOPE to need them, or just have them to not use and hope you never do?

Just Saying #11 – if they had guns- not saying they did, but if they did, guns would have been the weapon of last resort. Look at a cop – if he gets into a fight, it is hand, stick, then gun. MOST responsible people (those that would have LEGAL guns) have the same mentality – I will use my firearms against you only when YOU force me to.

23. Roy   March 26, 2014 at 8:16 am

people…stop watching Fox "news" (aka: the tea-party report)…they have brain washed you to believe and repeat the same myopic stupidity that’s allowed the Dem’s president to remain in office. Open your eyes or forever be part of a second-class conservative party.

24. Lee   March 26, 2014 at 10:51 am

@ #22 Grunt

"Just Saying #11 – if they had guns- not saying they did, but if they did, guns would have been the weapon of last resort." Again, are you saying that the car you bought . . . is sittin’ in your garage collectin’ dust? Well, you’re right, Grunt, you’re right. Mine is sitting in the middle of my living room on pedestals as a piece of art, a sculpture, for all my guests to admire. I even named it, "Illumination No. 1." You know, it’s a sort of a. . . post-modern minimalism thing. Ya know what I mean?

"Look at a cop – if he gets into a fight, it is hand, stick, then gun." Oh yeah? Ever heard of . . . excessive force? Yes? No? Maybe? Kinda?

"MOST responsible people (those that would have LEGAL guns) have the same mentality – I will use my firearms against you only when YOU force me to" And THAT is precisely the problem: most . . . but not ALL. Most will use firearms against you when YOU force me to . . . except Adam Lanza. Most will use firearms against you when YOU force me to . . . except James Holmes. Most will use firearms against you when YOU force me to . . . except that punk robbing a liquor store and killing its inhabitants. Most will use firearms against you when YOU force me to . . . except that drive-by shooter. Most will use firearms against you when YOU force me to . . . except Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. And on and on and on the examples go.

Most . . . but not all. And it’s those FEW that worry me. And I know I’m not the only one.

PS. Oh btw, Grunt, you know that computer you’re typing your comments on? You know, the one you bought . . . to NOT use? I guess we won’t hear from you. Pity.

25. Lee   March 26, 2014 at 11:05 am

@ # 23 Roy

I couldn’t agree more with you. In fact, ALL our mainstream media is nothing but a constant supplier of lies! ALL of them!

My dear fellow Fallbrookers, if you do care a bit for the truth, check out sources such as http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

Thank you.

26. Pink   March 26, 2014 at 11:37 am

@Lee: I would like to be able to say that your latest comment (#24) is the silliest thing I have ever heard, but unfortunately it isn’t. As unbelievable as it may seem you have actually made even sillier comments in the past. The problem is that you ramble so much that even if you have a point, which is doubtful, no one can even begin to guess what it is…

I believe that the point that most of the bloggers here are trying to make is that stupid people, like the above mentioned bikers, will always have some sort of weapon to start a fight with, even if it is just their fists. There are certain elements of society that have a pre-conditioned flair for violence. I’m betting at least some of those guys do have guns, they may not have been "packing" that day, but you can be sure they have them. Outlawing guns will not get guns out of the hands of criminals, especially in a border state like ours. The cartels that are running drugs now, also run guns.

It is way too late to try and disarm Amercans. That pony has left the gate. First off no one would comply, except perhaps a few misguided liberals. The bad guys would just laugh themselves silly, and go and buy another Saturday night special. I don’t like guns, but I know how to use one. I have never killed any living thing and I never want to, but I will not allow some Nazi storm troopers to take it from me either. That being. have a nice day.

27. Lee   March 26, 2014 at 12:00 pm

@ # 26 Pink

Thank you for your "logic." And fear.

28. Queen   March 26, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Talk about getting off the subject, nothing was said about guns but I expected for certain people to go straight there. Yes, there are times, and plenty of them, that people DO have guns but do not use them. I actually have a lot of clothes that I do not use hmmm. But, the real problem here is road rage and the idiocy of, hey you just pissed me off so lets brawl in the middle of the freeway cause I can’t control my temper and have to act like an infant and throw a hissy fit. Amazes me that people have to come, and so quickly, to violence cause the playground wasn’t big enough!

29. Ryan   March 26, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Well, no fear here, but there are Tears in my eyes from laughing at you #27. I cannot believe how smart and right you are. You should apply for the Piers Morgans’ open timeslot on CNN

BTW, don’t let FACTS get in the way of your inane, fantasy laced, uninformed arguments. By all means continue to "enlighten’" us rubes.

30. Lee   March 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm

@ #18 Fallbrook Patriot

Just one more follow-up comment to your complaint of having affordable and accessible care forced on you.

So when you get a hospital bill of $1,000, you will go back to the hospital, pound on the window and demand . . . that it be $21,458 instead?

And when the doctors and nurses in the ER room provide you with immediate care, you know in an effort to save your life and all that stuff, you shout at them to come back in, say, an hour to allow you to bleed to death?

I love your "logic."

31. Really?   March 26, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Uhhhhh….Hello Lee, you do know that #18 Fallbrook Patriot is actually on your side of the issue, and is being facetious.

That will be 5 bucks for saving you….no bartered goods.

32. DR DR   March 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Lee loves all this attention, even when it’s negative.

33. Pink   March 26, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I’m having the same problem Ryan and Really? I’m laughing so hard at Lee (the king of a lack of logic) implying that someone….anyone else isn’t logical is beyond hilarious. To say that he "doesn’t get it" is the understatement of the year! I think that everyone, EXCEPT Lee understood that Fallbrook Patriot (#18) was being facetious. He was on Lee’s side, and Lee didn’t even know it!! Oh heavens, that is funny. By the way Lee, where exactly did I voice any fear? I do fear crazy people with guns, but disarming law abiding citizens won’t stop crazies from being able to get their hands on one. Only a fool would believe that it would.

34. DR DR   March 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I think we send Lee to the border so HE can stop all the guns, drugs and pot from coming into the US of A.

35. Lee   March 26, 2014 at 5:40 pm

@ #31 Really?

Oh, I see. Is that what you are going to say now? Lovely.

36. Pink   March 26, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Interestingly enough, sate Senator Leland Yee (D) representing the San Francisco Bay area, was just arrested by the FBI for gun running!! He is accused of helping to smuggle weapons, including rocket launchers, into this country to give to a gang!! A gang!! This democratic senator has co-authored legislation to ban gun ownership in this country and to limit the Second Amendment…. WOW. Sure Lee, criminals won’t be able to get guns illegally when the Second Amendment is abolished now will they? To borrow one of your overused phrases Lee….. r-i-g-h-t r-i-g-h-t.

37. grunt   March 26, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Lee, you ALMOST answered a question – but then twisted it, I asked if you had a fire extinguisher – I do, but hope never to have to use- it is there in CASE i need it; the truck, computer and other things are useful every day tools – Oh, I do use my firearms to hunt – along with a bow sometimes. Can you really see no difference between a life-saving device (1st aid kit, gun) and an everyday tool? As to the police, so many more do it right that I will no comment on your idiotic comment.

38. Paul   March 27, 2014 at 3:40 pm

It is amazing how quiet Lee becomes when he is proven wrong. Guess he is feeling pretty silly right about now.

39. Doc Holliday   March 28, 2014 at 9:47 am

Poor Lee. He was never a meant to be a gun-fighter anyway. Poor soul just didn’t have the constitution for such undertakings

40. DR DR   March 28, 2014 at 10:08 am

Lee doesn’t think he is wrong-ever. Maybe sitting in the same room he could understand. IDK

41. LMAO   March 28, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Lee isn’t going to comment on this anymore, he has taken his toys and gone home. He was made to look foolish and he knows it. He will be back to comment on something else equally asinine, like doing away with all money for instance. He will not be commenting on abolishing the second amendment for awhile though, because, if you will pardon the pun, that issue just blew up in his face.