Weekend noise levels may increase in the vicinity of Camp Pendleton

CAMP PENDLETON – Marines will conduct an exercise that involves the detonation of Mine Clearing Line Charges (MCLIC), Saturday and Sunday, May 3 and 4, and Tuesday and Wednesday May 6 and 7.

Mine Clearing Line Charges are 1,750 pounds of linked C-4 (Composition C) explosives used to create a breach in minefields under combat conditions.

Depending on atmospheric conditions, the sound of the explosions may be amplified and heard up to 50 miles away.

Detailed information regarding increased noise levels may be found in the weekly noise advisories posted on the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton website at: www.pendleton.marines.mil/About/BaseInformation/NoiseAdvisory.aspx

13 Responses to "Weekend noise levels may increase in the vicinity of Camp Pendleton"

1. grumpy   May 2, 2014 at 6:15 pm

appreciate the headsup…semper fi…

2. neighbor   May 3, 2014 at 4:56 pm

More government wasted $$$$

3. Mom of lots   May 4, 2014 at 9:11 am

Hi Pink! We moved to Saline, Michigan. Thanks for asking! I am enjoying a virtually crime free living and hardly a sound! I will always love Fallbrook. It has a special place in my heart. My husband received a job promotion and that is what landed us here. The good Lord is taking great care of our family! :) Hi Debbie!

4. Pink   May 4, 2014 at 10:11 am

Wow Mom of Lots, that is great!! I would never have guessed Michigan. My son in law got a nice promotion to the Carolina’s, and I have to say that my daughter has never been happier. She is a California girl but is so happy with the schools as well as the friendly people and her husband loves his job!! Congratulation to you and your family. Keep safe in the love of the Lord.

5. Me   May 4, 2014 at 1:36 pm

@Pink..I’m contemplating a move to the Carolinas as well….Sick of California’s taxes, business UNfriendly climate, and the voters who are too stupid to figure out that 25 years of Democratic control in Sacramento…is NOT working.

6. Pink   May 4, 2014 at 2:56 pm

You would love it Me. It is beautiful there. Nice people, great schools. (of course you and I are past worrying about the right schools) cost of housing is less, and you get a much bigger home on acreage there for what you pay for a small tract home here. A lot of businesses have moved there. Business and jobs are thriving. My son is lwa is particularly thrilled with the boating and fishing (they live on a lake) and he says they have the best golf courses in the country!! We visited them several times and love it. We would move there ourselves but still have other kids and grandkids here….

7. Mom of lots   May 5, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Pink! Yes, sometimes it’s the changes we fight that end up being the biggest blessings! Change is hard, but once you’re on the other side…..ahhhhhh…. :)

8. JR   May 5, 2014 at 12:35 pm

The sound of freedom is beautiful.

9. Me   May 5, 2014 at 9:33 pm

@Pink……Sounds nice. I’ve had several friends move there in the past few years…they all say the same thing that you did….they love it.

You are so right about the schools :-)

I guess I have some thinking to do next year….I’ve been here going on 32 years….time for a change I think.

10. Lee   May 6, 2014 at 11:30 am

The sound of ignorance.

11. LMAO   May 6, 2014 at 11:47 am

Yes Lee, you certainly are..

12. Lee   May 8, 2014 at 7:56 am

My dear fellow Fallbrookers, can you imagine if we, as a nation, spent all these billions of dollars on us, the people, instead of our foolish military-industrial complex? Can you imagine the good it would do? Schools, universal health care, job creation, much-needed social services, shorter work week, environmental causes, public transportation, and on and on it goes. Can you imagine what good $10 billion alone would do, the amount that was the cost of the Iraq War at its height?

Well, our nation’s sad state of affairs is the result of a nation that pours money into its military-industrial complex with dire consequences yet to come, I’m sure. We just cannot learn.

13. Paul   May 9, 2014 at 9:43 am

I agree with comment #11.