Wildomar traffic accident leaves one dead, two seriously injured

WILDOMAR – A female motorist died today in a two vehicle crash in Wildomar that left two other people seriously injured.

The collision at Bundy Canyon and Walnut Creek roads was reported at 5:53 a.m., said Cheri Patterson of the Riverside County Fire Department.

The driver of a Nissan sedan was traveling west on Bundy Canyon Road and drifted onto the north shoulder, said Sgt. Marc Cloutier of the Wildomar Police Department.

”(She) overcorrected her turn, causing her vehicle to enter a side spin and skid into oncoming lanes, where she collided with an eastbound Toyota Yaris,” Cloutier said. ”The force of the collision split the Nissan in two, just behind the driver’s doorpost.”

The female motorist died at the scene.

Two other victims were taken to Inland Valley Hospital with major injuries, including multiple broken bones, Cloutier said.

Anyone with more information on the crash was asked to contact the Wildomar Police Department at (951) 245-3300.

12 Responses to "Wildomar traffic accident leaves one dead, two seriously injured"

1. ann   August 23, 2010 at 7:29 am

it’s very tragic for us friends and family..we’re still shocked after what happend to my friend..

2. unknown   August 23, 2010 at 11:18 am

Gone too soon. Just saw her last weekend and I can’t believe she’s gone. My prayers go out to both families who were involved in the car accident. We will miss you so much!

3. Robin   August 23, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Passed by going to in-laws and I thought for sure they would all be in heaven it looked so bad.

4. Sarah   August 23, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I was on my way to work and saw the after-math…. I thought they had all passed as well…it was a terrible sight! Made me cry =(

5. Angela   August 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I passed the accident going home, and I have to say that was the worst I have ever seen up close and I’m very shocked that there were any survivors. Thank god there was and I truly feel for the family that lost there loved one.

6. Leanna   August 24, 2010 at 10:22 am

i worked with her several times at cherry hills.. she was so funny & always smiling.. its really sad. :(

7. Marie   August 26, 2010 at 4:45 pm

My heart goes to the family and my friends I just saw her 2 weeks prior to this, shes ereally nice……

8. Mae   August 26, 2010 at 4:55 pm

truly unbelievable that I just saw her about 2 weeks ago and now she is gone. What a tragic day!! I will continue to keep her family and friends in my prayers along with the recovery of the survivors. May the Lord give strength to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy, especially to my friend ……you know you are.

9. ....   August 30, 2010 at 1:26 am

my friends were in the yaris thank goodness thay survived i live like 100 yards frum the accedent seen my heart goes out to the to the lady that passed

10. Narain   September 8, 2010 at 7:20 pm

i worked with her for a few months she was the most wonderful person i ever met

11. unknown   December 30, 2010 at 9:37 pm

i feel for both familys. the people in the yaris i hope they dont blame themselfs.. its not anyones fault it was just fate

12. yaris driver   October 30, 2011 at 11:03 am

its been more then a year and i still hurt. i wish i new the driver