Urgent Weather Message from the National Weather Service San Diego California:
Strong and gusty winds Tuesday morning through Wednesday morning.
A trough of low pressure moving inland across California will bring periods of strong and gusty west to northwest winds in the mountains and deserts.
San Bernardino County Mountains, Riverside County Mountains, San Diego County Mountains, Apple and Lucerne Valleys, Coachella Valley, San Diego County Deserts
Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am Tuesday to 8 am PDT Wednesday.
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issues a Wind Advisory; which is in effect from 11 am Tuesday to 8 am PDT Wednesday.
- Winds – West to Northwest 20-30 MPH gusting to 50 MPH. Local gusts to 60 MPH will be possible at times.
- Timing – Winds increasing Tuesday morning; peaking Tuesday evening into Tuesday night, then tapering off Wednesday morning.
- Location – Strongest near mountain ridge tops and on adjacent desert slopes.
- Visibility – Reduced at times by blowing dust and sand in the deserts.
- Impacts – The winds will make driving difficult; especially for motorists with high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs other debris.
- Outlook – Winds weaken late Wednesday morning.
- A wind advisory means that winds of 35 MPH are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult; especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.