18-year-old San Jacinto gang member sentenced to 10 years in prison

MURRIETA – An 18-year-old gang member who shot into a group of people in San Jacinto was sentenced today to 10 years in prison.

Angel Ray Valenzuela pleaded guilty last month to two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and gang membership charges, and could have faced much more time had he been convicted of the original charges of five counts of

attempted murder, three counts of assault, conspiracy to commit a felony and belonging to a street gang.

Gang allegations were attached to each count.

A 15-year-old boy standing in a front yard was wounded in the June 17 attack on Timothy Drive near Evans Street, in San Jacinto.

He has since recovered.

6 Responses to "18-year-old San Jacinto gang member sentenced to 10 years in prison"

1. TheKingsKid   April 13, 2010 at 6:35 pm

The choices I make today: predict my tomorrows.

2. My Future   April 14, 2010 at 8:20 am

Three meals a day, yes sir! Journey well…

3. Roberto   April 14, 2010 at 8:20 am

Evidence of the past, builds faith in the future.

He will be released not rehabilitated, but an even more dangeous person.

4. Roberto   April 14, 2010 at 8:20 am

Because we send thousands with addiction problems to jail, he will get out in 4. He will be 22 and an even harder nosed gang banger. He will be released right back to San Jacinto, or nearby convict dumping ground Perris. Ridiculous sentence for attempting to murder MULTIPLE people and actually wounding a teenager. This is exactly why I own guns. Enter my home, hurt one of mine and it will be a trial judged by Smith and Wesson. Another punk disrespecting his people, his culture and the laws of the land.

5. JA   April 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Amen I say to you Roberto!!!!! Our justice system really sucks. Why should we pay for all those idiots to be on vacation. They should be terminated!

6. lakers #1 fan   February 15, 2011 at 5:44 pm

thats my homie angel much respect everyone makes mistakes but homie saty safe o.k brother god bless u