Perris: Sheriff’s Department seeks suspect in stabbing, carjacking

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is seeking the help of the public to locate the suspect of an assault and carjacking that took place in the 23200 Block of Cajalco Road in Mead Valley near Perris, an official reported today.

The suspect stabbed a 58-year-old man in the neck before proceeding to take the man’s vehicle, according to a Riverside County Sheriff’s report.

The vehicle was located a short time later by deputies. It had been damaged in a single-vehicle crash and abandoned, Sgt. Gill Gonzalez said.

Officers then set up a perimeter and attempted to locate the man, but were unable to find him, according to Gonzalez.

In the report, the man is described as black male adult who is approximately six-feet-tall and bald. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, black pants, and white shoes.

The stabbing victim was transported to a local hospital to receive medical treatment and is expected to survive his injuries, Gonzalez said.

Anyone with information regarding the suspect or his identity is encouraged to contact Investigator Heath at (951)210-1000 or dispatch at (951)-776-1099.

6 Responses to "Perris: Sheriff’s Department seeks suspect in stabbing, carjacking"

1. Dan   March 23, 2014 at 8:43 am

If we had carry permits, the man might not have been stabbed and we wouldn’t have to look for the attacker since he would be lying on the pavement.

2. Reality Checker   March 23, 2014 at 9:02 am

Well, here we go. Violent crime is on the rise it seems. Everytime I open the paper, or read local news online (not just VN) I see a new story on some new violent crime in our general area. I’m feeling like maybe it’s time for concealed carry.

3. Reality Checker   March 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Even though carry permits are supposed to be easier to get since the supreme court ruling, I have a sneeky suspicion that county sheriffs are still going to give every applicant the proverbial middle finger anyway.

4. HandsofIntegrity   March 23, 2014 at 1:47 pm

This is exactly why we need to he able to carry in CA. This is why I will protect my home with my guns.

5. alfredo jimenez   August 11, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Hi i am one of the people who saved the mans life that day and would like to get the mans full name all i know is his name is homer i got some rewards by mail i now live in phoenix az. My number is ……….. any information contact me thk u

• Julie Reeder   August 12, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Hi Alfredo, you could contact the sheriff’s dept. We don’t have any contact info. Sorry!