Police arrest suspect in attempted rape of woman in pharmacy bathroom

After a 10-day manhunt, Hemet Police Department says they have arrested the man suspected of trying to rape a woman in the CVS Pharmacy restroom.

Corporal Jim Dill with Hemet Police says that around 10:45 in the morning the suspect snuck inside the women’s restroom, hid in a stall and patiently waited for his victim.

“The woman went into the bathroom and into the stall adjacent to the one where the suspect was hiding, the suspect then went into her stall attempted to rape her and he was armed with a knife,” says Dill.

The victim, whom Dill would only describe as “courageous”, fought off the suspect, ran out of the bathroom and yelled for help.

Dill said that detectives arrested 25-year-old Lamar Williams Rollins shortly after 9:30 this morning, near State Street on Oakland Avenue in Hemet and it was a “peaceful arrest”.

“Someone recognized him. We got several tips from the public who saw the surveillance photo. This is just a good example of police and public working together,” said Dill

Rollins faces charges of assault with the intent to commit a sex offense, false imprisonment, assault with a deadly weapon and burglary. His bail was set at $50,000.

“We’re glad we were able to find him quickly, we were concerned he would try to do this again,” said Dill.

Hemet Police is still asking the public to come forward if they have information regarding this case.

“There’s still around 15 customers who were at the pharmacy we haven’t been able to identify or talk to, we’d like to hear from them and get any information,” said Dill

If you have any information regarding this case call: Corporal Jeff Dill at (951) 765-2324 or Hemet P.D. tip line at (951) 765-3897.

8 Responses to "Police arrest suspect in attempted rape of woman in pharmacy bathroom"

1. pitta   July 23, 2010 at 2:08 pm

this is crazy Hemet is not heaven any more.

2. Mike   July 24, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Too bad she wasn’t packin heat. Could have blow this scum-bag off the face of the planet!!

3. bood35   July 25, 2010 at 8:30 pm

mike u dumba…You’re in california, if that woman had defended herself and shot the criminal she would be going to jail for life! California is so ass backwards its not even funny anymore.
    You have to move to an actual american state to have your american rights respected.

4. Reality Checker   July 25, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Your socialist elite politicians will never put your right to defend yourself over their progressive agenda. The way they see it, the more your life sucks the easier it is for them to control you. Oh, I meant pass some progressive socialist legislation to "help" you. It’s a big fat lie, I’m from the government, and I’m here to help". Don’t believe it.

5. mom of lots   July 25, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Arizona seems to be a state that recognizes the benefits and legalities of self defense. My husband and I have considered moving over this and other issues, but the weather, job and family so far have taken precedence.

6. keshawna   July 27, 2010 at 12:05 am

He did not do it dey have da wrong man arrested in they need………2 find da rite guy n put the rite man N jail N release laMAr INNOcent UNtil Proven gUIlTY iN HE Is INNOcent I KNOw dis ser

7. ElectSoldier86   October 1, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Don’t defend that waste of humanity. I hate to say I’ve known Lamar for about 7 years and I personally know of a least 3 people that had similar stories to tell. Part of the reason I cut off all communication with that perv. I’m posting this so everyone will know that he is not innocent until proven guilty because in the eyes of his peers he’s been charged ,tried , and should be awaiting his maker as we speak…….simply dispicable!!!

8. Kimmy   October 20, 2010 at 8:59 am

Let me find out that they finally got you I always knew I didn’t like u and there was sum thing off frist u was gay and now this God is the only 1 tha know what u ,been up to before this but I hope they never get out