As school gets back into session, sports parents are sure to be excited to get their kids off the couch and back into the swing of things when it comes to workouts, practices and games for the fall sports their children play.
One sport in particular that has been making waves in our area is Volleyball at the middle school level, “Which is not just for girls anymore,” said Christina Pulver, Director of the Forza for All Middle School League.
“Boys Volleyball made some heads turn at the High School level here locally last season and we had been getting a great response from parents when we made mention of starting a division for boys last season and now we are packed with them at our open gym sessions,” Christina said.
Christina has been the Director of the Middle School Volleyball leagues here in the valley for the past three years which were formerly ran through Club West, but has since been purchased by another local club over the past year.
“This year we will have a new look and club to bring to the table, but we still plan to bring the same commitment to the program that has been there in the year’s past,” Christina added.
Christina is taking the program she has been running for the past three years to Forza1 Volleyball, which is brand new to the area and being ran by Dana Burkholder, a former USA Volleyball team member and NCAA Final Four participant as well as a 2x First Team All-American setter for the University of Arizona from 1998-2001.
“We are excited to have her on board at Forza1 and our staff is looking forward to providing students with the opportunity to play for their school again this year,” said Burkholder “We will have boys and girls teams at each school and just watch, boys volleyball will be the next up and coming sport here in the valley, especially with school’s like Vista Murrieta High School having their first Boys team ever under the direction of Kristen Cooke and Ed Tatiano.”
“Many of our coaches for the upcoming 2014 Fall Season coached for the Middle School League last year and we will have some new coaches on board as well and of course if anyone is interested in coaching, please contact Christina@forzaforall.org.
Forza for All will host the Middle School League at the Courthouse facility which is a two court facility with an air-conditioned lobby and viewing area inside the gym so parents can easily watch and enjoy practices. The Courthouse is located at 26067 Jefferson Avenue, Murrieta, CA 92562.
Girls Tryouts for TVUSD will be located at the Jefferson location:
- Bella Vista Middle School: Monday, August 18 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
- James L Day Middle School: Monday, August 18 from 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Margarita Middle School: Wednesday, August 20 from 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Temecula Middle School: Thursday, August 21 from 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Vail Ranch Middle School: Thursday, August 21 from 7:45pm-9:15pm
- E.S. Gardner Middle School: Saturday, August 23-from 1:00pm-2:30pm
Girls Tryouts for Murrieta Middle Schools:
- Dorothy McElhinney Middle School: Tuesday, August 19th from 3:30-5:30 (inside the school gym)
- Shivela: Wednesday, August 27th from 4:00pm-5:30pm at Jefferson location
- Thompson: Monday, August 25th from 5:00pm-6:30pm at Jefferson location
- Warm Springs: Thursday, August 28th from 6:00pm-7:30pm at Jefferson location
Boys Tryouts for TVUSD: September 3rd, 4:00pm-6:00pm at Jefferson location:
Boys Tryouts for MVUSD:
- September 3rd, 4:00-6:00pm at Jefferson location.
*Makeup Date: August 23rd from 3:00-4:30pm at the Jefferson location.
For more information visit Forza 1 Volleyball online at www.forza1volleyball.com