LOS ANGELES – Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) on Friday, March 13 announced a suspension of service disconnections to any customers who are having a hard time paying their bill. This policy will remain in effect until further notice.
Customers are encouraged to call 877-238-0092 to speak with a representative about their bill. SoCalGas customer service is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
“We understand that our customers may be worried about paying their upcoming natural gas bill at this time,” said Paul Goldstein, vice president of customer services at SoCalGas. “We want to help ease their concerns and continue to provide the reliable natural gas service they depend on to heat their homes and hot water and cook their food.”
The health, safety and wellness of our employees and the customers we serve is foundational to our company. SoCalGas continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and implementing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In addition to the temporary suspension of service disconnections, SoCalGas is taking precautionary measures including:
• Asking customers a series of health-based questions before entering the home
• Instructing employees to keep a safe distance from anyone self-quarantined or sick
• Reminding employees to stay home if they are sick and encouraging work from home and other social distancing practices.
• Implementing company travel, visitor, meeting and event restrictions
• Enhanced cleaning of SoCalGas facilities and personal hygiene practices
• Providing SoCalGas branch offices with hand sanitizer for customer use
• For customers who do not feel comfortable visiting SoCalGas Branch Payment Offices, we offer other payment options
Additional information about SoCalGas’ response to COVID-19 is available at socalgas.com/coronavirus.
Submitted by SoCalGas