ACWA conference session notes sale of EMWD renewable energy certificates

Generated renewable energy is placed into the grid with energy from other sources, so a consumer likely isn’t actually using renewable energy even if that particular site generates enough renewable energy for its own use. Claims to be using renewable energy thus legally require a renewable energy certificate, and a generating entity can use the REC for its own claim or sell the REC for additional revenue.The Eastern Municipal Water District sells its RECs, and that was the subject of a Dec. 4 session during the Dec. 3-6 Association of California Water Agencies fall conference in San Diego. Samuel Robinson, energy manager of EMWD, was a speaker during the Best Practices for Renewable Energy Certificates session as were TerraVerde Energy business development vice presidents David Burdi
Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content.