PERRIS — After taking last weekend off, racing will return to Perris Auto Speedway this Saturday, August 14th, when the PASSCAR Super Stocks, Street Stocks, American Factory Stocks and IMCA Modifieds return to the famous Riverside County half-mile clay oval. In addition to the racing, there will be an on track autograph and photo session at intermission with the drivers passing out free candy to kids. Spectator gates will open at 5:00 PM and the first race will be at 7.
The first-place finishers in the IMCA Modifieds and the Super Stocks will each earn checks for $1,500.00. The Street Stock winner will pocket $1,000.00 and the Factory Stock victor will receive $500.00
Heading Saturday’s program will be the popular IMCA Modifieds. Through the first six races of the season, the modifieds have averaged a healthy 20 cars per night, which is one of the best car counts in the state. Four different drivers have posted wins in the Mods this year. Jake Pike of Pahrump, Nevada and Bakersfield’s Austin Kiefer have two wins each. Riverside’s Justin Dunn and Tom “Slick” Smith if Norco each have one victory. Smith won the last race on July 24th. Despite not winning a main event through the first six races of the year, Buena Park’s Billy Griffin sits on top of the IMCA point pile going into Saturday’s race. However, he is only eight-points clear of second-place Smith. Dunn is currently third in points with Carla Laney of Torrance and Yucaipa’s Chuck Becker tied for fourth.
Like Griffin in the Modifieds, Riverside’s Tyson Talkington has yet to win a main event in the PASSCAR Super Stocks in 2021. Yet, he is still one point in front of Hemet’s David Lord going into the weekend. Griffin, who is the only regular doing double duty this year, is third. Marina Del Rey’s Ron Bartels and two-time series champ Dennis Wooldridge are tied for fourth. Lord leads the class with three wins. Griffin, who has two victories, and Bartels, who has one, round out the Super Stock win list.
Brandon Kelly, who turned 30-years-old earlier this week, hopes to give himself a belated birthday gift with his third PASSCAR Street Stock triumph of the 2021 campaign on Saturday. The Moreno Valley based racer has a seven-point lead over Lake Elsinore’s James Altman Jr. Altman notched his first ever PASSCAR Street Stock win on June 26 and has two second place finishes since then. Three-time class champion Curtis Dietzsch of Riverside is winless thus far in 2021. Nevertheless, his consistent driving has seen him finish no worse than fifth and he is only 10-points out of first-place. Stefan Davies of Murrieta leads the class with three wins this year, but a disqualification in July saw him lose valuable points. He is fourth in the standings heading into the weekend. Doug Kelly, Brandon’s dad, is fifth.
Thus far in the 2021 season, the PASSCAR American Factory Stocks have supplied the most winners. Five different drivers have posted victories through the first six races. Anaheim’s Darren Myers is on top of the victory ledger with two wins. Two-time defending champion and current point leader Cameron Veatch of Temecula, Mike Burks of Nuevo, National City’s Chris Evans, and Swede Ogren of Anza have taken home the winner’s check one time each.
Adult tickets for Saturday’s race are $20.00. Kids aged 6-12 get in for $5.00 and children 5 and under are free. There will be plenty of tickets for everyone at the track ticket window on Saturday. This event will not sell out. For those who wish to purchase online tickets for Saturday or any other 2021 Perris Auto Speedway race, please visit http://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/pas/7. The fairgrounds charges $10.00 for parking.
PAS/IMCA Modified Points
- Billy Griffin – Buena Park, CA – 217
- Tom Smith – Norco, CA – 209
- Justin Dunn – Riverside, CA – 195
- Carla Laney – Torrance, CA – 187
- Chuck Becker – Yucaipa, CA – 187
PASSCAR Super Stocks Points
- Tyson Talkington – Riverside, CA – 114
- David Lord – Hemet, CA – 113
- Billy Griffin – Buena Park, CA – 107
- Ron Bartels – Marina Del Rey, CA – 89
- Dennis Wooldridge – Riverside, CA – 89
PASSCAR Street Stock Points
- Brandon Kelly – Moreno Valley, CA – 119
- James Altman Jr. – Lake Elsinore, CA – 112
- Curtis Dietzsch – Riverside, CA – 109
- Stefan Davies – Murrieta, CA – 103
- Doug Kelly – Moreno Valley, CA – 102
PASSCAR American Factory Stocks
- Cameron Veatch – Temecula, CA – 121
- Mike Burks – Nuevo, CA – 106
- Jason Cook – Hemet, CA – 99
- Swede Ogren – Anza, CA – 98
- Darren Myers – Anaheim, CA – 89
Perris Auto Speedway is conveniently located on the SoCal Fair and Event Center (home of October’s Southern California Fair), approximately one-hour east of Los Angeles and one-hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds. For directions on online, the address to enter is: 18700 Lake Perris Drive and the zip code is 92571.
Advance tickets for all other races on the 2021 schedule are also available at www.tix.com
Fans can stay up to date on track and driver news on The PAS social media efforts at the links below.
Twitter: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter.
Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank the following corporate partners. Ahern Equipment Rentals, All Coast Construction, Anderson Chevrolet, Battery Systems, Bud’s Tire Pro, Chris’ Hauling, City of Perris, Communication Innovations, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Ed Moore Bullet Proof Driveshaft, Flowdynamics, HD Industries, Heimark/Anheuser Busch, Hoosier Tires, Inland Rigging, Living Water’s Hospice, LKQ Pick Your Part, Luke’s Transmission, Moose Racing, Pepsi-Cola, Performance Online, Pole Position, PrintItNow.com, Rainbow Bolt & Supply, Rugged Radios, Shaver Specialties, Square H, Sunoco Race Fuels, Trench Shoring, Upland Rock, Varner Construction and Vista Paint.
2021 EVENT SCHEDULE
- August 14th – PASSCAR SERIES – Super Stocks, Street Stocks, American Factory Stocks and IMCA Modifieds
- August 21st – CALIFORNIA RACERS HALL OF FAME NIGHT” AMSOIL USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints and RUSH Western Sprint Car Series
- August 28th – LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION V – Demo Cross, Figure 8’s, Trailer Figure 8’s, Mini Stocks and Double Deckers
- September 11th – LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION VI – Demo Cross, Figure 8’s, Trailer Figure 8’s, Mini Stocks and Double Deckers
- September 18th – PASSCAR SERIES – Super Stocks, Street Stocks, American Factory Stocks and IMCA Modifieds, and RUSH Western Sprint Cars
- September 25th – “GLENN HOWARD CLASSIC” AMSOIL USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, and RUSH Western Sprint Car Series
- October 16th – PASSCAR SERIES – “FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT” Super Stocks, Street Stocks, American Factory Stocks and IMCA Modifieds
- October 23rd – AMSOIL USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, and RUSH Western Sprint Car Series
- October 30th – LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION VII – Demo Cross, Figure 8’s, Trailer Figure 8’s, Mini Stocks and Double Deckers
- November 3rd – 25TH ANNUAL HEIMARK/ANHEUSER BUSCH OVAL NATIONALS Presented by ALL COAST CONSTRUCTION – Practice Night
- November 4th – 25TH ANNUAL HEIMARK/ANHEUSER BUSCH ANNUAL OVAL NATIONALS Presented by ALL COAST CONSTRUCTION AMSOIL USAC National and USAC/CRA Sprint Cars
- November 5th – 25TH ANNUAL HEIMARK/ANHEUSER BUSCH OVAL NATIONALS Presented by ALL COAST CONSTRUCTION AMSOIL USAC National and USAC/CRA Sprint Cars
- November 6th – 25TH ANNUAL HEIMARK/ANHEUSER BUSCH OVAL NATIONALS Presented by ALL COAST CONSTRUCTION AMSOIL USAC National and USAC/CRA Sprint Cars
- November 13th – PASSCAR “CHAMPION’S NIGHT” – Super Stocks, Street Stocks, American Factory Stocks, IMCA Modifieds and RUSH Western Sprint Car Series
- November 20th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION V – Demo Cross, Figure 8’s, Trailer Figure 8’s, Mini Stocks and Double Deckers
NOTE: SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE COVID 19 LEVELS AND MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED REOPENING.