SAN JACINTO (CNS) - A vehicle fire that extended into the garage of a San Jacinto home today burned chlorine tablets and batteries, creating hazardous materials exposure risks.The non-injury blaze was reported about 12:55 p.m. in the 800 block of Shaver Street, just east of Hewitt Street, according to the Riverside County Fire Department.The agency said that multiple engine crews were sent to the location and encountered flames raging in a vehicle, spreading to the garage of a single- story residence.Firefighters contained the blaze a short time later, but discovered that possibly 1,000 chlorine tablets, an unknown number of lithium batteries and other items had been in the fire's path, according to officials at the scene.A hazardous materials team was summoned to
Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content.