Anza Electric cautions members about generators and extension cords

0
107
Shock or fire can occur when extension cords are overloaded or damaged. Anza Valley Outlook/Courtesy photo
The Anza Electric Cooperative is asking their members and area residents to be extremely careful when using portable generators and extension cords. “This type of equipment can be very hazardous when safe operating procedures are not used,” general manager Kevin Short said. “It is extremely important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, especially regarding electric loading and proper fueling practices.” The risk of electric shock and fire from overloaded or misused equipment cannot be overstated. The Electrical Safety Foundation International estimates that 3,300 home fires each year originate with extension cords. Damaged or overloaded cords are a major risk, and extension cords should never be used as a substitute for proper wiring. National codes and local ordi
Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content.